Monroe County is Safer at Home
Florida Department of Health in Monroe County
- (305) 293-7500
1100 Simonton Street
Key West, FL
Taking care of yourself during this time is especially important. This crisis is temporary. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. There is always help available. Please do not hesitate to ask for help. The following are free resources available for Monroe County residents.
Florida Keys Community Resource Guide
- View the most comprehensive Monroe County Community Resource Guide, featuring everything you need to know to take care of yourself and your family by the United Way of the Florida Keys. This website has support services, including mental health, substance abuse prevention, services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, and family support services. Click on and expand “Mental Health & Substance Abuse.”
Health and Well-Being Resources for Monroe County
- Guidance/Care Center, Inc. (GCC) provides behavioral health services, education, and support for the entire family. GCC serves all clients regardless of inability to pay. Discounts for essential services are offered based on family size and income.
Community Health of South FL (CHI) offers behavioral telehealth services. Visit their website of call 305-252-4820 to make an appointment or receive more information.
Florida Keys Healthy Start Coalition offers mental health resources for pregnant women and families with new babies. They have licensed marriage and family therapists available to talk with you, and at certain Tot Times. For more information about Tot time or to talk with a therapist call: (305) 293-8424.
Safer@Home Initiative by Monroe County TDC, Facebook page with local events including virtual field trips and streaming concerts that will provide enjoyment for the entire family.
- AFSP #RealConvo Campaign for Mental Health Awareness Month (May) encourages everyone to have a real conversation with people in your life. You don't need special training to have an open, authentic conversation about mental health. Read the guides, quick tips, and read real stories.
Additional Health Well-Being Resources
- CDC resources on ways to cope with stress and anxiety and how to provide support to others during the COVID-19 outbreak.
- CBC Article that provides advice from experts on how to handle ‘heightened anxiety,’ stress.
- Headspace offers free meditations, sleep, and movement exercises to help support you through this time of crisis.
- Brief video animation, Dr Russ Harris, author of the international best-seller The Happiness Trap, illustrates how to use ACT (Acceptance and Commitment Therapy) to deal with the Corona crisis and the fear, anxiety and worry that goes with it.
- COVID Coach a smartphone app that is designed to help you build resilience, manage stress, and increase your well-being during this crisis. The app is free and secure.
- American Psychological Association COVID-19 Resources for calming distress and improving mental health.
- Nike Training Club (NTC) app is now free and provides streaming workout videos, training programs and expert tips from trainers. The NTC app has a library of more than 185 streaming workouts that range from 15 to 60 minutes.
- Planet Fitness United We Move free home workouts for everyone.
General COVID-19 Information
- FDOH COVID-19 Provides resources, current situation in Florida and county-specific information
- COVID-19 Data for Florida contains data reports that are generated daily to provide summaries of persons being monitored, persons under investigation and cases in Florida.
- Florida’s COVID-19 Data and Surveillance Dashboard provides data on the number of cases, deaths and hospitalizations in Florida and in each County.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention COVID-19 provides resources for how to protect yourself, symptoms, what to do if you are sick, latest updates and more.
- World Health Organization includes resources on public advice, country and technical guidance, travel advice, situation reports, media resources, MythBusters and more.
Pertinent to Monroe County
- Monroe County’s Emergency Management website which provides essential information for businesses, residents and visitors including checkpoint information, information on beaches, parks, airports, lodging, schools, utilities, etc.
- Facebook page for the Board of County Commissioners which governs Monroe County and provides updates for residents and visitors.
- Resource Guide for Monroe County residents which includes information on unemployment, meal resources, health services, housing services, legal services, senior services, as well as an array of other resources.
- Email email@example.com to receive the latest information
- Call the 24/7 COVID-19 Hotline: 866-779-6121