Monroe County Mental Health and Wellness Resources
Taking care of yourself during this time is especially important. This crisis is temporary. Your mental health is just as important as your physical health. There is always help available. Please do not hesitate to ask for help. The following are free resources available for Monroe County residents.
Florida Keys Community Resource Guide
- View the most comprehensive Monroe County Community Resource Guide, featuring everything you need to know to take care of yourself and your family by the United Way of Collier and the Keys. Information is available in English, Spanish, and Creole. This website has support services, including mental health, substance abuse prevention, services for victims of domestic violence and sexual assault, and family support services. Click on and expand “Mental Health & Substance Abuse.”
Health and Well-Being Resources for Monroe County
- Guidance/Care Center, Inc. (GCC) provides behavioral health services, education, and support for the entire family. GCC serves all clients regardless of inability to pay. Discounts for essential services are offered based on family size and income. Call (305) 434-7660 Option 8, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Key Bridge Treatment Center, Inc is a non-profit substance abuse and mental health treatment provider located in Key West. They serve individuals of all ages and families in the Florida Keys. They also provide treatment for non-substance related addiction disorder, gambling addiction disorder, internet use disorder, and more.
Community Health of South FL (CHI) offers behavioral telehealth services. Visit their website or call 305-252-4820 to make an appointment or receive more information.
Florida Keys Healthy Start Coalition offers mental health resources for pregnant women and families with new babies. They have licensed marriage and family therapists available to talk with you, and at certain Tot Times. For more information about Tot Time or to talk with a therapist call (305) 293-8424.
- AFSP #RealConvo Campaign encourages everyone to have a real conversation with people in your life. You don't need special training to have an open, authentic conversation about mental health. Read the guides, quick tips, and read real stories.
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline provides 24/7, free and confidential support for people in distress; prevention and crisis resources for you or your loved ones; and best practices for professionals. Individuals can simply call 800-273-TALK (or 800-273-8255) to be connected to the Lifeline. You can also text "HOME" TO 741-741 or send a Facebook Message.
- Quit Your Way with TobaccoFreeFlorida.com. Quitting tobacco isn't easy. Finding help should be. Get free tools and double your chances of success! No cost Nicotine Replacement Therapy and no cost classes available in person and via Zoom to keep you healthy and safe. Call (305) 743-7111 Ext 205 or visit AHEC.
Free Narcan (Naloxone) is available at the Guidance Care Center. Prevent opioid overdose and pick one up at no cost. No prescription required. Call 305-434-7660 and select 4 for Key West (1205 Frances St), select 5 for Marathon (3000 41st St), or select 6 for Key Largo (99198 Overseas Hwy).
- Calm a smartphone app that offers over 50 million downloads to assist with sleep, meditation and relaxation. Get a better night’s sleep and stress less with the Calm App.
- Planet Fitness United We Move free home workouts for everyone.
Addiction Questions Find answers to addiction-related questions, answered by doctors at no cost.
All Treatment – Monroe County Drug and Alcohol Rehabs Near Me This is the most comprehensive drug and alcohol treatment center locator on the web.
- Drug rehabs in Florida that accept Medicare. Rehabs for people age 65 and older and for people with disabilities.
- Addition Group for people struggling with substance use disorders (SUD), alcohol use disorders (AUD), and co-occurring mental health disorders.
Pertinent to Monroe County
- Monroe County’s Emergency Management website which provides essential information for businesses, residents and visitors including checkpoint information, information on beaches, parks, airports, lodging, schools, utilities, etc.
- Facebook page for the Board of County Commissioners which governs Monroe County and provides updates for residents and visitors.
- Resource Guide for Monroe County residents which includes information on unemployment, meal resources, health services, housing services, legal services, senior services, as well as an array of other resources.
- Call 305-293-7500 or email DOHMonroe@flhealth.gov.