COVID-19 Info for Students
Florida Department of Health in Monroe County
- (305) 293-7500
P.O. Box 6193
Key West, FL
On behalf of the Superintendent:
Monroe County School District will continue to remain in compliance with the most recent Emergency Rule issued by the State of Florida Surgeon General. We will not be following the CDC guidance, as the Emergency Rule supersedes all county and CDC guidelines. Masks are strongly encouraged for all students and staff. Our school policies for students and staff remain in place and can be found on the MCSD website.
Policies are located here on the left hand side.
Public School Specific Resources for COVID-19
- Due to the increase of COVID-19 in our community many are purchasing over the counter home test kits for rapid identification of COVID-19 if they are having symptoms. Things to do if you have a positive home test/or is reported to you as a provider:
- Report this information to your child’s school nurse, or the school if no nurse is on campus.
- Contact information for school nurses for Monroe County School District can be found here. Please scroll to the bottom and select detailed staff directory for more information.
- COVID-19 Weekly Situation Report: Florida State Overviewis published Fridays by 5pm.
- CDC COVID Trackerincludes the level of community transmission, cases, vaccinations, deaths, hospital utilization, and more. Select “Florida” and then “Monroe County.” This is updated every day at 8 pm.
- The White House COVID-19 Community Profile Report