Mosquito Bite Protection for Residents and Visitors
Florida Department of Health in Monroe County
- (305) 293-7500
1100 Simonton Street
Key West, FL
The Florida Department of Health has information readily available for residents and visitors regarding mosquito bite prevention. Mosquitoes spread viruses and parasites that cause diseases like chikungunya, dengue, Zika and malaria. Before you travel to areas where these diseases are found, talk to your health care provider about your health concerns.
The Zap Zika logo with "Join the Fight...Don't Let Bugs Bite," is the official image developed by community partners in Monroe County, including the Florida Department of Health, Monroe County, Mosquito Control, and TDC. The image is intended to instill with the public the importance of mosquito bite prevention.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Zika Virus
- CDC Zika Key Messages (Updated Regularly)
- Florida Keys Mosquito Control
- Monroe County Tourist Development Council
- Mosquito Bite Protection for Overseas Travelers Fact Sheet
- Mosquito Bite Protection for Overseas Travelers Fact Sheet (SPANISH)
- Drain and Cover Poster
- Spill the Water Heroes Campaign for Youth
If you are pregnant and interested in getting tested for Zika, please contact your primary care doctor. If you do not have a primary care doctor or do not have health insurance, please call us Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. to schedule an appointment. No walk-ins, please. Call: 305-293-7500